Upload a new document
If you are uploading a brand new document to the system, follow the instructions below. If you are uploading a new version/revision of an existing document in the system, see the following article instead: Upload a new version of an existing document.
- Click "Add new document" on the main menu at the top of the screen.
- Press the "Browse..." or "Choose File" button.
- Now select the file on your computer that you would like to upload. You can either double-click the file, or select the file then press the "Open" button.
- Press the "Upload" button.
- Once the file has been uploaded, you will have the option of editing the title of the document in the "Document title" field. By default it will be the document's filename.
- (Optional) Enter any other words into the "Search keywords" field that users may type in when searching for this document. You don't need to include words that have already been typed into the field above.
- Select the "Folder" that you would like the document to be placed under.
- Click "Save".
Your file will now be uploaded to SimpleDocs. This may take several minutes depending on the size of the file and your internet connection speed.
Once the upload has completed you will be given the option to notify other users of the new file. If you would like to do this, simply tick the users that you would like to notify and press "Send email notifications". Otherwise just press "Skip notifications".
Return to help topics