Change who can access folders (folder permissions)
If you have "Admin" access to a folder, you may alter its permission settings.
Folder permissions can be assigned to individual users as well as groups of users. To learn about user groups see the following article: Assign users to groups
When assigning folder permissions to users or groups, there are three options to select from:
- "No Access": The users are not permitted access to folder.
- "Read Only": The users are able to download (view) documents in the folder.
- "Read & Write": The users are able to download (view) documents and upload new documents and versions.
- "Admin": The users are given the above access permission as well as being able to change the folder permissions as displayed on this screen.
To assign permissions:
- Click "Edit folders" on the main menu at the top of the screen.
- The first set of permissions are the "Group permissions". Permissions you assign here will apply to all users within the group. For each group, select the permission setting you would like applied to this folder.
- Once you have assigned the desired group permissions, you can also assign permission to individual users. Any users that were given permission via a group above do not need to also be given permission here.
- Click "Save".
Return to help topics