Upload a new version of an existing document
If you are uploading a new version/revision of an existing document in the system, follow the instructions below. If you are uploading a brand new document that does not already exist in SimpleDocs see: Upload a new document.
- Click "Documents" on the main menu at the top of the screen.
- Locate and click on the existing document.
- Click on the link labelled "Upload new version".
- On the next screen press the "Browse..." or "Choose File" button.
- Now select the file on your computer that you would like to upload. You can either double-click the file, or select the file then press the "Open" button.
- (Optional) If desired you may enter a comment relevant to this version/revision of the file.
- Press the "Upload" button.
Your new version of the file will now be uploaded to SimpleDocs. This may take several minutes depending on the size of the file and your internet connection speed.
Once the upload has completed you will be given the option to notify other users of the new version. If you would like to do this, simply tick the users that you would like to notify and press "Send email notifications". Otherwise just press "Skip notifications".
Return to help topics